PL Cable Simulator Box
Provides a portable and easy to use method of testing wireline data transmission without requiring a full length logging cable. Includes two types of monocable simulators which may be selected via rear-panel BNC coaxial connectors, so you can have (for example) Hot/Cold versions of your cable. Standard simulated cable types are 7/32″ Teflon/Camtene or 3/16″ Tefzel and other simulation types are available by special order. Simulated cable lengths are selected by pushbutton switches for 5,000 to 25,000 feet in 5,000 feet increments. Each 1,000 feet of cable is simulated by an RC network.
- Includes safety bleed resistors across all capacitors to prevent stored charges.
- Cable connections are fully floating from ground with shielded connections.
- Cable A and Cable B simulators are electrically isolated and independent of each other.
- Input and output connections are interchangeable.
- Temperature rated to 120 degrees F.
- Maximum short-term power dissipation 130 watts per cable.
- Capacitors rated up to 600 volts DC (positive or negative).
- Aluminum cabinet acts as a heat sink for wirewound power resistors.
- External dimensions (including connectors) 2″ x 9″ x 8-1/2″ (H x W x D).
- Weight 2.5 lbs.